Should you decide, you need to be, and are the suitable individual, to serve and represent Animal Control a specific group, and set of components, as their leader, you need to, seriously consider, analyze, and determine, what you hope to achieve, your personal reasons, actual motives, and, particularly, what you STRIVE to achieve! Quite often, the principal difference between significant leaders, and the rest – of – the – package, can be measured by the quality, relevance, and sustainability of those motives, and goals. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly consider, examine, review and discuss, using the mnemonic strategy, a number of the essential factors, and differences.
1. Strengthen; system; solutions; sustainable: Perhaps, the single – biggest, necessity, to be a superior leader, is the focus on, and decision to, strengthen the group, and leave it stronger, after one’s tenure, then when assuming any position! One has to develop an easy – to – replicate/ duplicate, relevant system, which concentrates on seeking viable solutions, as opposed to merely blaming others, or complaining! These ideas must be, both, truly relevant, and sustainable, focused on bringing the group, represented, in the future, in a meaningful, effective manner!
2. Timely: Never procrastinate, or put things off, merely due to concern, for personal comfort, or convenience, or to avoid being blamed! Quality leaders must move, consistently, in a well – recognized, timely manner!
3. Relevant; responsive; accountable; realistic: Authentic leaders consider the risk, versus the rewards, in a responsible, realistic manner, and concentrate on the best way to move, rather than the path of least resistance!
4. Proceed, with the well – developed, imagination, to provide pertinent ideas, by considering, outside – the – box, options and alternatives!
5. Views; vision; value; worth: A leader must possess insights and views, which align with the vital, vibrant vision of the particular organization, and the values, it represents! Leaders only draw followers, when they tackle, both, the actual and perceptual concepts, of providing meaningful, relevant value!
6. Empathy; emphasis; endurance; excellence; evolving: Times evolve, and sustainable organizations must consistently be, evolving, in a relevant, sustainable manner! One must be ready, willing and able, to listen, a lot more than speaking, and learn from every conversation and experience, so as to proceed with real, essential, empathy! When one’s accent, is along with the endurance to pursue, the highest degree of personal excellence, a leader is born!
Actual leaders STRIVE to make a significant difference, for the better!